At the moment, you stumble a lot about this theme, when looking for styling tipps:
What is this?
- When: Every three months (It’s never too late to start so join in anytime!)
- What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.
- What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring or another sentimental piece of jewelry that you never take off, underwear, sleep wear, in-home lounge wear, and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to workout)
- How: Choose your 33 items, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of sight.
- What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. Remember that this is not a project in suffering. If your clothes don’t fit or are in poor condition, replace them."
So far I´ve counted:
3 pairs of jeans
I hardly ever wear all those skirts and dresses, so I tried them on and threw some out.
I kept 6 skirts, 2 dresses, put 3 dresses in the tanktop isle because they are a little too short as a dress (they will be worn out after this summer, I fear) and think about trowing out 1 pair of jeans (they get loose).
8 (tank and other) Tops (including the 3 "new" tops formerly known as dresses)
Additionally I have
2blouses ( which are on trial now, One is a little tight, Two is in a really lively color)
4 summer cardigans
Not counted: shoes, scarfs, handbags, jewelry, hair jewelry.
Not bad... I recently sorted my closet and trew out a lot of tops, shirts and pullovers. They didn´t fit, weren´t flattering or were torn.
There is the saying, that you wear 20% of your closet at 80% of your time. With that in mind I would only wear 11 pieces. Which is in fact the number of pieces you need for most SWAPs and so on.
So for the next week I challenged myself to wear every skirt... or throw it out!
I´m not starting the project yet but I keep it in mind.