"What is a capsule wardrobe?
A capsule wardrobe is a small, manageable subset of your wardrobe, and it usually is something you can plan seasonally (twice a year, or perhaps 4 times a year).
A typical capsule wardrobe consists of between 20 and 33 items, depending on who you ask and what kinds of items you’re including. It doesn’t have to include every single thing you might wear for the season, but it is the foundation for the rest of your wardrobe. The idea is that once you have the capsule wardrobe figured out, the rest is gravy." - coletterie.com/wardrobe-architect-week-9-the-capsule-wardrobe
The methodThe idea is simple. And I’d like to give big thanks to the blog into-mind who goes into much greater detail on these topics and really pulls apart these concepts.
- Choose one to six silhouettes for the season.
- Create a color palette.
- Break down your silhouettes and colors into a list of pieces.
- Organize what to make, what to buy, and what you already own.
This week we start with silouettes for the spring season :)
I might select 4:
1) A-line skirt with tights, Shirt and cardigan/pullover
2) Jeans/trousers (straight to slightly flaired) with pullover/jacket
3) Shorts with tights, shirt and pullover
4) Dress with tights and longarmshirt plus cardigan/pullover
I´m easily freezing so I need my clothes to be warm. Plus I need variety....I can´t stand it when it´s allways the same.